Bay St. Louis Community Hall
Architect: Belinda Stewart Architects
Location: Bay St. Louis, MS
Completed in 2011, this hall was an effort by the Rotary Club to rebuild after devastation in the area caused by Hurricane Katrina. The building includes a 6,600 square foot, 1015 capacity meeting space, two smaller meeting spaces, and outdoor covered gathering spaces.
The community center acoustics and AV were designed to accommodate banquets, concerts, weddings, presentations and dances, while maintaining a historical aesthetic. Located within the railroad depot historic district, a primary challenge was isolation from noise and vibration due to a rail line at 50 feet.