Galloway United Methodist Church
Architect: Eley Guild Hardy Architects
Location: Jackson, MS
Galloway United Methodist Church was initially built in 1883, replacing its predecessor that had burned in the Civil War in the heart of downtown Jackson, MS.
Our work included acoustic and AV recommendations for the renovation of church and chapel. In the chapel, our work included treatments to address acoustical anomalies of the room, as well as recommendations on placement of new pipe organ.
In the main sanctuary, the choir loft was modified to improve choir's strength, sense of ensemble, and projection. The public address system was modified to better simulate open room conditions under balcony acoustic shadow, as well as the choir's monitoring of the service. Improvements also included microphone selection and placement for amplification and broadcast. Additionally, vibration isolation of water pumps below the sanctuary and HVAC system above.